- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reductive Augmentation
- Breast Reconstruction
- Tubular Breasts
- Body Building Figure Fitness Breast Augmentation
- En Bloc Capsulectomy
- Male Breast Reduction
- Pectoral Augmentation
- Face Lift
- Brow Lift
- Mini Facelift / Petit Lift
- Neck Liposuction
- Male Rhinoplasty
- Female Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Lip Augmentation
- Lip Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Buttock Enhancement
- Infragluteal Thigh Lift
- Arm Lift
- Body Lift / Thigh Lift
- Calf Augmentation
- Male Breast Reduction
- Male Pectoral Augmentation
- Thong Lift
- Face Lift / Mini Lift / Neck Lift
- Dr. Balikian's Blepharoplasty
- Dr. Balikian's Lip Augmentation
- Dr. Balikian's Laser / Chemical Peel
- Dr. Balikian's Reconstruction / Scar Revision
- Dr. Balikian's Liposuction
- Dr. Balikian's Chin Implant
- Dr. Balikian's Otoplasty
- Dr. Balikian's Fat Transfer
- Dr. Balikian's Brow Lift
- Dr. Balikian's Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Francis Breast Augmentation
- Dr. Francis Breast Implant Removal
- Dr. Francis Breast Lift With Implants
- Dr. Francis Breast Lift
- Dr. Francis Breast Reduction
- Dr. Francis Breast Revision
- Dr. Francis Male Breast Reduction/Gynecomastia
- Dr. Francis Reductive Augmentation of the Breast
- Dr. Francis Tuberous Breast Correction
- Dr. Francis Blepharoplasty
- Dr. Francis Browlift
- Dr. Francis Earlobe Reduction
- Dr. Francis Earlobe Repair for Gauged Piercings
- Dr. Francis Facelift
- Dr. Francis Lip Lift
- Dr. Francis Neck Liposuction
- Dr. Francis Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Dr. Francis Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Francis Skin Cancer Reconstruction
- Dr. Francis Arm Lift
- Dr. Francis Arm Liposuction
- Dr. Francis Body Building Figure and Frames
- Dr. Francis Brazilian Butt Lift
- Dr. Francis Buttock Augmentation with Implants
- Dr. Francis Infragluteal Fat Grafting
- Dr. Francis Liposuction
- Dr. Francis Mommy Makeover
- Dr. Francis Thigh Liposuction
- Dr. Francis Tummy Tuck
Breast Reduction Photo Gallery
What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is one of the most immediately gratifying cosmetic surgeries a woman can get. Our Del Mar breast reduction patients report feeling instant relief from back and neck pain after having the surgery. They can exercise better and their clothing fits better. Dr. Paul Chasan and our whole Plastic Surgery team are pleased to help women look and feel better by reducing the volume of overly large breasts through the reduction mammoplasty procedure.
Breast reduction is performed on women with uncomfortably large breasts (macromastia). Dr. Chasan will remove fat and glandular tissue to reduce volume and achieve a more proportionate breast appearance.
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction?
Our San Diego breast reduction patients typically have many of the same symptoms making them seek out help. Overly large breasts can cause women a multitude of problems including:
- Neck, back or shoulder pain, headaches, rashes and bra strap indentations due to the weight of their breasts
- Inability to be as physically active as they would like
- Embarrassment in their appearance
- A wardrobe of shirts that don’t fit right
- One breast is larger than the other
We understand the physical and mental impact overly large breasts can have and are pleased to be able to remedy the problems quickly through the breast reduction procedure. A well-performed breast reduction can eliminate all of these symptoms and result in a much more attractive bust line. Many women report their headaches and neck, back and shoulder pain to be non-existent as soon as the day of surgery.
Breast Reduction Treatment & Technique
Breast reduction surgery typically takes 3-5 hours and is done in our surgical center. Dr. Chasan uses a superior pedicle approach in the majority of breast reduction procedures. This technique results in smaller scars than the traditional inferior pedicle breast reduction, and the breasts are much less prone to bottoming out (drooping of the bottom part of the breast). The procedure is performed by making an incision around the areola and extending downward following the natural curve beneath the breast. Excess tissue, skin and fat are removed, and the nipple and areola are lifted resulting in a proportionate and aesthetic look.
Can I Breastfeed After Breast Reduction Surgery?
We typically advise our patients to wait on getting a breast reduction surgery until after they have had children if at all possible. However, the technique Dr. Chasan uses for breast reduction most often preserves a women’s ability to breast feed as well as preserves blood supply and nipple sensitivity.
How Long Do Breast Reduction Results Last?
Our Del Mar breast reduction patients report long lasting results. Dr. Chasan is careful in performing the surgery in a way that harmonizes with a women’s natural breast the best he can. This lends to long lasting results as the body accepts the procedure well. However, age, gravity and weight gain can skew any form or breast augmentation / reduction over time.
Breast Reduction Scarring
The incision needed to reduce breast volume will leave a scar. However, Dr. Chasan makes every effort to minimize scarring on all of his patients. He has many years of experience with these procedures and knows how to perform successful breast reduction with minimal scarring. It is important to him and our whole team that patients are happy with their results and although we want to be realistic in acknowledging that scarring is unavoidable, we want our patients to know that the scar is minimal and will fade even more over time.
What to Expect During Breast Reduction Recovery
Coming out of surgery, our patients have very little pain. As the anesthesia wears off, some discomfort may present itself but can be managed through oral pain relief medications throughout the duration of recovery. Women will need to spend a few hours post-surgery in office before being released to recover at home. Breasts will be bound with a compression bra to reduce swelling and often will have a small tube placed in their breast to drain fluids. Patients will experience some soreness and stiffness in the breast for a week or two. Incisions should be kept dry until healed to help keep from infection. Patients are also advised to sleep and rest in an elevated position to take pressure off the chest area. It is normal for the patient to experience some swelling for a few weeks after reduction surgery. Dr. Chasan will discuss further aftercare instructions with patients and their caretaker to help insure the smoothest recovery. We advise that our patients give themselves 2 weeks to feel normal again after breast reduction surgery.
Ready to Schedule a Consultation?
If you experience pain associated with extra-large breasts and are ready to talk to a surgeon, please give us a call at Ranch and Coast Plastic Surgery. Dr. Paul E. Chasan is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and is happy to discuss your concerns. Don’t delay this life-changing procedure any longer and contact us today!