Taking Care of Your Body After Liposuction
Your fat cells have a genetic predisposition to store fat based on their location. There is a wide variation in each individual genetic makeup when it comes to storing fat. The typical areas include:
Women – abdomen, hips, flanks, outer thighs, inner thighs, knees, and arms (the “big seven”)
Men – abdomen, hips (love handles), chest, and neck
To the degree/ percentage that fat cells are removed from a particular area, the ability to regain fat in that area is diminished.
If you gain weight after liposuction it will tend to be distributed throughout the body based on the body’s remaining fat cell hierarchy.
– for example fat tends to be distributed differentially to certain parts of the body. -the big seven have a higher affinity for fat than the back of the hands or the forehead, etc.
– as each area is suctioned, the remaining areas that have a high affinity to collect fat (the big seven) will continue their uptake and may even become more sensitized.
Liposuction is not an alternate to exercise and dieting. It should be looked at as a starting point to facilitate diet and exercise and as a kick start to beginning a healthy lifestyle.
– a healthy lifestyle is simple as long as you apply a routine and proper planning
When it comes to maintaining body contouring, diet accounts for 70% and exercise 30%.
– simple healthy ideas: eliminate alcohol, eat at home, and plan your meals.
– bring plenty of healthy snacks to work and eat one hour before lunch and before you leave work so you aren’t too hungry when you have lunch and dinner.
– studies have shown that it’s the large meals that stimulate the uptake of sugars that are then made into fats.
It is important to realize that even the best result can be reversed by an unhealthy lifestyle.
We have all of the resources (personal trainers, nutritionists, etc.) to give you a successful outcome. Please utilize these.
Don’t undergo liposuction until you have made a firm commitment to a healthier lifestyle and remember your health should be your number one priority.